Columbia Classic Cars has the experience and service you need. When you are having any mechanical troubles from burning oil to that persistent knock, or stubborn overheating problem, we can help. No job is too big or too small, too common or too unique. We pride ourselves on one on one customer service and strive to bring complete and quality work to the table. Below you will find a list of some of our services, however our capabilities go way above what can be put on this one page. If you have any questions please pick up the phone to discuss you project that has been sitting in the garage in disrepair so that we can help you get it back on its feet and enjoyable again.
Have an engine rebuilding question? Columbia Classic Cars is here to help, so give us a call at (207) 377-2076.
General Shop Services and Machine Shop Services include, but are not limited to the following:
General Shop Services
- Engine Rebuilding
- Transmission & Transfer Case rebuilding.
- Crack Repair preformed on any casting made of cast iron or aluminum.
- Chassis rebuilding – Including hydraulic & mechanical brake systems, power & manual steering systems, suspension, axles, and exhaust.
- Sandblasting and painting of chassis parts.
- Removal and installation of engine and transmission.
- Installation of wiring harnesses and rebuilding of electrical components.
- Painting and detailing of engine, transmission & related components
- Parts location & research of rare or hard to find parts. We have compiled a large list of vendors and contacts through years of research and experience.
- Parts locating
Machine Shop Services
- Cylinder boring and sleeving
- Head and block milling
- Valve guide and seat replacement
- Three angle valve job
- Connecting rod reconditioning, straightening, and Babbitting
- Crankshaft and camshaft welding, and grinding
- Engine balancing
- Rockershaft repairs
- Align boring and honing
- Glass bead blasting
- Aluminum cylinder head straightening and welding
- Rear axles
- Fuel gauge sending units
- Fuel tanks
Whether it is a complete chassis and engine restoration of a 1932 Chevrolet Coach, 1952 Citroen 15-6 Touring Car, 1930 L-29 Cord, 1928 Franklin Air Cooled, 1924 Cadillac V-8, Packard, Ford Model As and Ts, or any other classic or collector car, Columbia Classic Cars has the knowledge and expertise to perform a trophy winning restoration. Our customers are encouraged to communicate with us on a regular basis, from start to finish, on their individual project to ensure all expectations are met.
References for the quality of the work performed by Columbia Classic Cars are available at your request.
Member – Automotive Engine Rebuilders Association – A.E.R.A.